Radiation Portal Monitoring System
The RS-400 system is a 4 PMT based super-coincidence, fully digital, radiation portal monitoring system.
The system is specially designed to overcome the difficult operating conditions experienced by many industries, including steel and scrap facilities, that need to monitor incoming, or outgoing, shipments for potential radioactive contamination.
The RS-400 offers extremely high sensitivity performance with minimum false and nuisance alarms due to it’s advanced digital design and spectral analysis. This system uses large volume detectors for optimum vehicle coverage. Typically, long detectors suffer substantially from signal loss using conventional technology, as a result RSI has developed a 4PMT technology utilising PMTs at both ends of the detector for greatly improved signal collection and spectral shape.
The system is fully modular which makes it easily configurable to suit local logistics and permits fast, easy maintenance. The system operates independently and has direct Ethernet connectivity to plant networks allowing for a fully integrated plant design with RSO overview on all installed systems. USB/Serial connectivity also enables system configuration to suit user needs for local displays, local or network printers, scale computer integration etc.
Complete service solution
The RS-400 system design incorporates advanced ideas and concepts to allow for fast and easy local maintenance. These features include, easy-open doors (latch = no screws), doors latch open, very rugged PMT mounts for reliability and easy access electronics tray with all electronics modules for fast changes. RSI offers Internet-based service and support permitting the RSI Service Department direct on-line overview for trouble shooting; in most cases they can advise which module to change.
- 5000 cu ins (4698 cu ins actual) detector assemblies - max 16 detectors
- Fully digital system design - no user adjustments
- 4 PMT technology for high sensitivity + high noise rejection on long detectors
- 10/sec data sampling rate for optimum data analysis
- Advanced 128 channel spectrometer system
- Full spectral NASVD analysis for high sensitivity with essentially zero false and void alarms
- Minimum nuisance alarms due to advanced signal screening and pattern recognition
- Direct connection to the plant network enabling RSO overview of all alarms on all systems
- Real-time (1/sec) error reporting to RSI service via the Internet for fast support and system overview
- 15" color touch screen display for easy user interfacing
- Alarm classification to sort alarms into scrap and non-scrap categories fro easier control
- 48V operation to minimise voltage drops on long cables
- Automatic system sensitivity monitoring with auto gain correction
- Modular system design for easy servicing
- System designed for easy on site service by local staff for ‘instant’ service support