HAND HELD DETECTORS
Radiation Solutions RS-125 Super-SPEC
Hand Held Gamma-Ray Spectrometer
The RS-125 SUPER SPEC is the industry standard in portable handheld gamma ray survey devices for geophysical applications.
It offers an integrated design with a large detector for survey or search, direct Assay readout, a scan mode and data storage.
It offers weather protection with ease of use. As well Bluetooth (BT) connectivity provides wireless connection to a Bluetooth enabled external GPS receiver, earphone or computer.
Survey Mode—The total count readout is typically set at 1x / sec rate, the range is variable from 1 - 20 sec. integration. When used with a GPS receiver, data can be stored and profiles produced. Ideal for both area and drill core scanning.
Assay Mode—Provides the concentrations of K, U and Th. The user can select the desired sample time from 30 to 1800 seconds.
RS-Analyst Software—The RS-125 comes complete with utility software to download the data that is stored in the memory. All data in memory is output via Bluetooth or USB to the RS-Analyst program on a PC.
- Waste Recycling and Incineration plants
- Scrap metal recycling
- Security and surveillance operations
- Customs and Border protection
- Nuclear facilities
- Research laboratories
- Production facilities
- High Sensitivity with large 2.0 x 2.0 NaI crystal 6.3 in3 (103 cm3)
- Lightweight & rugged 4.4 lb (2 kg) including batteries
- Easy-to-use, single button operation
- Survey, scan, and Assay modes of operation
- Assay mode readout in %K, ppm of U & Th
- Auto-stabilizing on naturally occurring radio elements
- 5-digit LCD display with scrolling histogram graph of last 100 readings
- Fast audio output with adjustable audio threshold set point - BT earphone audio support for surveying in noisy environments
- Bluetooth and USB equipped with external GPS integrated into data stream via BT
- Special rugged design to withstand field usage, weatherproofing, water and dust protection
- Typical 8-12 hour battery life at 20°C (4 x AA batteries)
- No radioactive sources required for proper operation