HAND HELD DETECTORS
Radiation Solutions RS-220 Super-IDENT
Hand Held Isotope Identifier
The RT-220 SUPER IDENT handheld isotope identifier with optional Neutron detector is a robust portable radiation search and identification device.
It offers an integrated design with a large NaI detector for search, direct nuclide identification readout, sensitive dose rate and data storage. The spectrometer is auto-stabilized on the naturally occurring local background and does not require any test sources for proper operation.
With full weather protection and a rugged design the unit offers high sensitivity and good survivability in the challenging operations and locations often encountered.
The simple one button operation makes the unit easy to use and simplifies operator training. Bluetooth connectivity provides wireless data output and add-on accessories such as GPS.
Search Mode—The large NaI detector gives the user an extremely high level of system sensitivity.
Nuclide Identification Mode—This mode provides direct identification of radioactive material present in a relatively short period.
Recording Data—The unit has a large internal memory for recording data as well as the location when an external GPS is connected via Bluetooth.
RS-Analyst Software—The RS-220 comes complete with RS-Analyst software allowing a PC user the ability to download data.
- Security and surveillance operations
- Customs and Border protection
- Nuclear facilities
- Waste Recycling and Incineration plants
- Scrap metal recycling
- Research laboratories
- Production facilities
- High sensitivity with large 2.0 x 2.0 NaI crystal, 6.3 in3 (103 cm3)
- Integrated GM tube for extended dose rate range
- Optional Helium tube for good Neutron performance
- Easy to use, single button operation
- Auto-stabilising on naturally occurring radioelements – no radioactive sources needed
- Lightweight & rugged 4.6 lb (2.2 kg) including batteries
- Search and nuclide ID modes with automatic recording of data
- RS-Analyst software to manage data
- Fast audio output with adjustable audio threshold set point
- Bluetooth connectivity for add-on accessories such as as earphone or GPS
- Special rugged design to withstand field usage, weatherproofing, water and dust protection
- Supplied in hard case with molded insert for shipping & storage
- Typical 8-12 hour battery life at 20°C (4 x AA batteries)