Radiation Portal Monitoring System
The RS-200 system is a 2 PMT based, fully digital, radiation portal monitoring system.
The system is specially designed to overcome the difficult operating conditions experienced by many industries, including steel and scrap facilities, that need to monitor incoming, or outgoing, shipments for potential radioactive contamination.
The RS-200 offers extremely high sensitivity performance with minimum false and nuisance alarms due to its advanced digital design and spectral analysis. The system is fully modular which makes it easily configurable to suit local logistics and permit fast, easy maintenance. The system operates independently and has direct Ethernet connectivity to plant networks allowing for a fully integrated plant design with RSO overview on all installed systems. USB/Serial connectivity also enables system configuration to suit user needs for local displays, local or network printers, scale computer integration etc.
The RS-200 detector units are identically sized to most of the commonly used older technology systems thus allowing direct field replacement, without changing system installation.
Complete service solution
The RS-200 system design incorporates advanced ideas and concepts to allow for fast and easy local maintenance. These features include, easy-open doors (latch = no screws), doors latch open, very rugged PMT mounts for reliability and easy access electronics tray with all electronics modules for fast changes. RSI offers Internet-based service and support permitting the RSI Service Department direct on-line overview for trouble shooting; in most cases they can advise which module to change.
- 3000 in3 (3024 in3 actual) detector assemblies - max 16 detectors
- Fully digital system design - no user adjustments
- 2 PMT technology for high sensitivity + high noise rejection
- 10/sec data sampling rate for optimum data analysis
- Advanced 128 channel spectrometer system for improved analysis
- Full spectral NASVD analysis for high sensitivity with essentially zero false and void alarms
- Minimum nuisance alarms due to advanced signal screening and pattern recognition
- Direct connection to the plant network enabling RSO overview of all alarms onall systems
- Real-time (1/sec) error reporting to RSI service via the Internet for fast supportand system overview
- 15" color touch screen display for easy user interfacing
- Alarm classification to sort alarms into scrap and non-scrap categories for easier control
- 48V operation to minimise voltage drops on long cables
- Automatic system sensitivity monitoring with auto gain correction
- Modular system design for easy servicing
- System designed for easy on site service by local staff for ‘instant’ service support