HAND HELD DETECTORS
Radiation Solutions RS-230 BGO Super-SPEC
Hand Held Gamma-Ray Spectrometer
The RS-230 BGO Spectrometer is the industry standard in portable handheld gamma ray survey devices for geophysical applications.
It offers an integrated design with a large detector, direct Assay data, data storage, full weather protection, ease of use and the highest sensitivity in the market.
As well Bluetooth (BT) Connectivity provides wireless connection to a Bluetooth enabled external GPS receiver, earphone or computer.
Bismuth Germanate (BGO)—The performance of the 6.3 in3 (103 cm3) higher density Bismuth Germanate (BGO) is approximately 80% of a 21 in3 ( 390 cm3) Sodium Iodide (NaI) commonly used with larger portable units and approximately 3x more than the same size NaI crystal.
Survey Mode—The total count readout is typically set at 1x / sec rate and the range is variable from 1 - 20 sec. integration. When used with a GPS receiver, data can be stored and profiles produced.
Assay Mode—Provides the concentrations of K, U and Th. The user can select the desired sample time from 30 to 1800 seconds.
RS-Analyst Software—The RS-230 comes complete with utility software to download the data that is stored in the memory.
- Waste Recycling and Incineration plants
- Scrap metal recycling
- Security and surveillance operations
- Customs and Border protection
- Nuclear facilities
- Research laboratories
- Production facilities
- Large BGO (Bismuth Germanate Oxide) detector, 6.3 in3 (103 cm3)
- Extreme sensitivity (3x greater than Nal crystal of the same volume)
- Survey and Assay modes of operation
- Assay mode readout in %K, ppm of U & Th
- Auto-stabilizing on naturally occurring radio elements
- Easy-to-use, single button operation
- 5-digit LCD display with scrolling histogram graph of last 100 readings
- Fast audio output with adjustable audio threshold set point
- BT earphone audio support for surveying in noisy environments
- Bluetooth and USB equipped with external GPS integrated into data stream via BT
- Special rugged design to withstand field usage, weatherproofing, water and dust protection
- Lightweight 5.6 lb (2.55 kg) including batteries
- Typical 8-12 hour battery life at 20°C (4 x AA batteries)
- No radioactive sources required for proper operation